Make the Alpha Loom Poodle Dog Bracelet!
Make the Poodle bracelet on Alpha Loom!
Discover a new pattern design to make on your Alpha Loom. In this tutorial above by Jordantine1 you’ll learn a new innovative technique on the Alpha Loom to make fluffy poodle hair for your poodle dog design. This is an original Alpha Loom bracelet design and new technique created by Jordantine1. Jordatine1 has been bringing you awesome Rainbow Loom bracelet designs and tutorials for a long time. And since the release of the new Alpha Loom, Jordantine1 has been creating lots of super cute Alpha Loom Grid designs. In the Poodle Dog design she invented a way to combine the Alpha Loom rubber bands into the pattern to loosely fall together and form a look of curly poodle dog hair. Brilliant!
Here’s what you need to know: On the Poodle Dog template you’ll see the letter “L” inside a colored box on the grid. When you see the letter L it indicates to add an “extra loop” to that particular space when you’re looming. Jordatine1 is very clear in the tutorial of how to add your extra loop. She also carefully demonstrates the special technique. Be sure to watch the tutorial carefully to understand how it’s done. You’ll notice that the bracelet is made exactly as you would make a classic Alpha Loom bracelet. With the exception of one additional step where the “L” is located in the grid pattern.
To give you a heads-up on what to expect here’s more detail on the technique.
- When you get to the letter L when looming this pattern. First use the color in the box for the L.
- Place that color band on your pegs as usual. And continue down the 7 pegs with the colors in the grid as you would for any Alpha Loom bracelet.
- You’ll complete that full step by adjoining the connector band and bringing in all 7 bands on both sides with the comb. (Just as you normally would)
- After completing your column as usual, you’ll then preform the “additional step” of adding the “extra loop” only to the pegs where the L is indicated in the pattern.
- Before you attach a new connector band to start the new column, its time to add the “extra loop”. Working now only in the grid pattern where the “L” is indicated.
- 1st place a rubber band on one side of the pegs where the L is indicated. It will be the same color you used previously (the color indicated in that grid box).
- 2ed after your “extra loop” is on the peg, use your hook to lift the rubber band underneath it through the newly placed “extra loop” so that the extra loop falls loosely to the middle. After the band falls to the middle re-attach the band on your hook back to the peg.
- After placing all your extra loops in this manner for all boxes with the letter L; Now you’ll add your new connector band to start your next column.
That’s about it. You’ll add your extra loop that way every time you see an L in the pattern. It’s actually a lot easier to do than it sounds. Have a blast making your new Alpha Loom Poodle Dog bracelet! Be sure to subscribe to Jordantine1 and give her a big thumbs-up for this awesome new pattern and technique.
Please share/post your completed bracelet to my Alpha Loom Facebook page here.
Or post/share your bracelet to our G+ Alpha Loom community here.